Wednesday, February 15, 2012

mmmmm Meatloaf!!

I was very sure for my entire life that I did NOT like meatloaf-- even the word sounds unappetizing...  Doesn't it??  meat LOAF?  Well I found this recipe recently and it has forever changed my mind!  I actually now look forward to it!  It is really easy to make (minus the whole getting dirty mixing up raw ground beef with your bare hands!!)

Now if you are like me and think you are not a meatloaf fan-- just give this a try and see what you think!  Because it is really the very best ever!!!

Meatloaf :)

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup milk
3 slices of bread (any kind, white, wheat, whatever!)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
dash season salt
dash salt
dash fresh ground pepper
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 eggs, beaten

Sauce::
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp brown sugar
hot sauce to taste (I use about 1 tsp)

1. Preheat oven to 350* F
2.  Pour milk over bread and let soak (yumm soggy bread--- just trust me!)
3.  Place beef, parmesan cheese, salts, pepper, parsley and milk soaked bread in bowl and add the beaten eggs.  Mix it all up with your hands-- get them all messy!
4.  Form mixture into a loaf and place on a broiler pan.  (I sprayed the pan with a little olive oil)
5.  Make sauce by mixing the 3 ingredients.  Then pour 1/3 onto loaf.
6.  Bake 45 minutes.  Add 1/3 of the sauce onto the top again.  Bake another 15 minutes.
7.  Slice and serve with remaining sauce (it was already plenty saucy to me but whatever your preference is!)
8.  EAT!!!!

This was amazing with some mashed potatoes!!!  YUMMMMM  I think it has to be something about the sweetness of the sauce that soaks into the meat as it bakes...or maybe its the bread instead of cracker crumbs that really do it for me but I am telling you- this is not your average meatloaf!!

It is also really good left over as a meat loaf sandwich.  I added the sauce to a slice of bread then topped with a slice of meatloaf then a slice of swiss cheese another bread slice-- put the whole thing in a panini maker and let it get all toasty and the meat get heated up and the cheese all melty.... delish!!!  Anyway I hope this changed your mind about meatloaf because it sure did mine!!!  Don't judge the taste by my pictures, it is REALLY hard to make meatloaf look as good as it is!

Oh by the way-- I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website-- she adds BACON!!!!  Doesn't that sound great??!  I haven't tried it that way -- mainly because the bacon is Australia is different than in America and I don't think it would work properly! (not to mention I don't need the extra grease!)  Here is the link to her recipe!!

MEATLOAF RECIPE

 ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment