Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing

Can a person live without Ranch Dressing???  I really don't think so!  It is so good and a perfect condiment for so so many things! I have made ranch a few times and this is definitely my best version!  When I made this recently we had it as a side for grilled chicken wings, potato wedges and veggie sticks!  All of which, go great with Ranch!  I have since then added it into every salad and it absolutely MAKES the salad (or possibly all of our fresh veggies and home grown spinach and lettuce!)  Oh and its great for dipping a slice of pizza into!  ahhh the possibilities are endless :)

Now don't get me wrong-- there is nothing wrong with Hidden Valley but nothing is better than homemade!  And as it turns out I can't get Hidden Valley in Oz (except for what mom care packaged me!  Ha!)  So this is WAY WAY WAY better than any ranch I've had from the grocery store here!  There have been a few things I have been missing and delicious Ranch dressing is one!  Anyways, hope you enjoy this!


Homemade Ranch dressing

To a food processor, add....

1 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 tsp parsley chopped
1 tsp Chives chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

and mix it all up in the food processor for about 5 minutes!

Let it cool in the refrigerator about an hour for it to be the very tastiest!  

Again, the mayo here is a bit different so I used sour cream and buttermilk as the base.  I think it tastes great and is a perfect texture!

Now go eat a salad!!!!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment