Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cherry Tomato Pasta Toss

How does our garden grow?

Fantastic, Thank you!!!!  Well, to be honest, it's my hubby with the green thumb... or maybe he's just meticulous.... I've literally caught him trimming the lawn with scissors... its ok, you can say it, WOW.  But whichever it is, we have been in the process of growing a plethora of herbs and veggies in our little bitty backyard!  It has been very exciting seeing the tiny seeds we planted become tomatoes or peppers or herbs!  If you haven't tried gardening before you should really give it a go!

We have recently been able to pick a few ripe cherry tomatoes from our plant and my wonderful mother-in-law passed on a tasty recipe to put these tomatoes to good use!  It might be a little embarrassing, but I felt a little guilty eating these, so decided to take a picture so I could remember them forever and ever  :)  haha ok I might be crazy!  But has anyone ever felt that way before???? ... Maybe I'm just a newbie with the whole gardening thing.

This recipe is very versatile.  We made it as a side dish to accompany a grilled steak.  But I can imagine you could add some grilled chicken, shrimp, pork -- anything really to make it into a main course!  It is light but still packed with flavor!

Anyways, enough blabbering, I will get to the recipe!


1/2 package of pasta (angel hair is best!)
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp olive oil (plus a bit more to drizzle)
1/2 cup white wine
12-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
3 tbsp chopped Basil (I also added a bit of fresh oregano)
salt and pepper to taste
parmesan to serve
* I also drizzled a bit of balsamic vinegar on top-- YUMMO!  (B doesnt like vinegar
or else I would have added it into the whole dish!)

1.  Cook pasta as per instructions on the package
2.  Saute garlic in olive oil, about 2 minutes until golden
3.  Add wine and tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes
4.  Stir in pasta and herbs
5.  If needed drizzle olive oil on top (I added this because my noodles were a bit sticky and needed the oil to separate)
6.  Add parmesan cheese to serve (and balsamic vinegar if you love it like me!!!)
7.  EAT!!

forgot to add the parm for the pic- it's ok I added it before eating :)
We LOVE this dish!  It is so good --- I mean can you get a better combo than garlic, tomato, basil and white wine??  It's just the best!  I always thought pasta needed to be drenched in sauce but this has forever changed my mind about that craziness....

Thank you so much Deanna for sharing this recipe with me!  You are so great in the kitchen and I am lucky to get to learn from you and get to try out some of your DELISH recipes!!  Some of my most favorite memories of us together are us in the kitchen!  I cannot wait for you and Tom to visit us in Australia!  Soon, very soon!!   Love you and miss all the Kings!!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment