Saturday, January 14, 2012

Almond Crusted Pork Chops

You should definitely make THIS!  It is really really good!  I have made many oven crusted dishes in the past but I have to say, this might be my most favorite!  It is quite simple and takes very little time to pull together!

A few years ago I copied this recipe from Eating Well.  (You can click on this link to see their exact recipe!)  I immediately added this to my collection because it is DELICIOUS!  I really didn't change too much from the original  because to be honest-- It didn't need any adjustments!  It is already super tasty, healthy, and perfect for when you are getting sick of using boring ole chicken ;)  I used pork chops instead of pork tenderloin because that is what I had on hand and subbed the whole wheat bread crumbs for a 1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers (because, again, that is what I had in our pantry!)

Anyways-- this is a pretty straight forward one.......  I hope you like it!

Almond Crusted Pork Chops

1/2 sleeve Ritz Crackers
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 tsp Garlic salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 large egg white, beaten
2 pork chops

1.  Preheat oven to 400* F  Set wire rack on a baking sheet and spray with some cooking oil
2.  In a food processor mix crackers, almonds, garlic salt and pepper until all chopped and mixed
3.  Place mixture in a shallow bowl.  Place beaten egg white into a different shallow bowl.
4.  Dip pork into the egg white bowl until all sides are coated then dredge through the almond mixture until fully coated.
5.  Place pork onto wire rack, spray the top of the meat with cooking oil and bake for 30 minutes.
6. EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!  (The best part!)


I LITERALLY cleaned my plate!  Like, licked the dish and every little crumb left behind!  B also raved over this which always makes me happy!  :)  Brody wasn't too thrilled considering we left none for him.....HA sorry poochie!

I did not have honey to make the websites honey mustard dipping sauce so I made a variation of my own... you can see it in some of the pictures.  Although it turned out ok, it was completely unnecessary.  The pork is already plenty flavorful and juicy so I wouldn't even worry about making a sauce-- I'm sure it's super tasty though!  I also made some rice and added sun-dried tomatoes and some chopped almonds to have with the pork.  I love to make lots of extra rice so I can save the leftovers to make some yummy fried rice!  I will hopefully be sharing that recipe with you soon!!!

I couldn't decide on a picture.
Which one looks tastiest to you?
For future reference!!!? 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment